1/2 Photos of A la truck Shrimp
Hey lookie, lookie -- it's "a la cart" all grown up!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Thoroughly combine the lime juice, sugar, fish sauce or oyster sauce and sambal or chili paste in a jar or small bowl sauce (increase the amount of sambal if youre a heat freak).
- 2(Sambal is available in the condiment section of most Asian markets and in the specialty or gourmet section of some large supermarkets).
- 3Pour this sauce into a 10-inch non-stick pan.
- 4Turn the heat to medium high and bring to a boil.
- 5Add the shrimp and reduce heat to medium low.
- 6Cook until the shrimp is tender and the sauce thickens slightly, about 3 to 4 minutes (depending on size of shrimp) if you like a thicker sauce, temporarily remove the cooked shrimp with a slotted spoon while the sauce continues to thicken, this will prevent the shrimp from becoming overcooked and rubbery.
- 7Add cilantro to the sauce.
- 8Taste and adjust the seasonings, pour over cooked rice or noodles.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for A la truck Shrimp
Serving Size: 1 (167 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 180.1
- Calories from Fat 18
- Total Fat 2.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.3 g
- Cholesterol 172.8 mg
- Sodium 864.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 13.3 g
- Protein 23.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
sambal oelek chili paste