Hey lookie, lookie -- it's "a la cart" all grown up!
Make and share this A la truck Shrimp recipe from Food.com.
- Thoroughly combine the lime juice, sugar, fish sauce or oyster sauce and sambal or chili paste in a jar or small bowl sauce (increase the amount of sambal if youre a heat freak).
- (Sambal is available in the condiment section of most Asian markets and in the specialty or gourmet section of some large supermarkets).
- Pour this sauce into a 10-inch non-stick pan.
- Turn the heat to medium high and bring to a boil.
- Add the shrimp and reduce heat to medium low.
- Cook until the shrimp is tender and the sauce thickens slightly, about 3 to 4 minutes (depending on size of shrimp) if you like a thicker sauce, temporarily remove the cooked shrimp with a slotted spoon while the sauce continues to thicken, this will prevent the shrimp from becoming overcooked and rubbery.
- Add cilantro to the sauce.
- Taste and adjust the seasonings, pour over cooked rice or noodles.