Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
A nice light Asian inspired salad dressing or dipping sauce that goes well on a salad or as accompanining sauce for entrees and apps. You can adjust the heat according to your personal tastes. Start small with the pepper, and work your way up if you are not sure. You can interchange the lemon juice with lime or orange, depending on your taste and what you have on hand. As far as the fish sauce goes, its one of those things that on its own, not so good, but add it to something, and it really brings up the flavor. Enjoy.
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice (may substitute lime or orange)
- 3 tablespoons seasoned rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 tablespoon dark sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon creamy peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon granulated garlic
- red pepper flakes (to taste)
- Combine the wet and dry ingredients in a mixing bowl.
- Wisk together until thoroughly mixed.
- Use immedately or refrigerate for up to 7 days.
I liked this recipe alot. I made it with lime juice to match the other Thai Coconut Soup that I served with it. I agree with chefschwants, it would also make a great dipping sauce for fresh rolls and the like. I saved it in my personal collection.
This was really good on a lettuce/spinach salad. Super tasty and flavorful, yet light. I'd definitely recommend it! A great change from our usual dressings. Thanks chef.