1/1 Photo of Asian Steak Topped With Bell Pepper Stir-Fry
A steakhouse take on Thai beef with sweet red peppers; serve with steamed Jasmine rice. Bon Appetit Magazine, November 2008 edition.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons Thai sweet chili sauce (Kikkoman is what we used)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons soy sauce (Kikkoman is what we used)
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons grated peeled fresh ginger
- 2 (10 -12 ounce) New York strip steaks
- 1 1/2 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
- 1 medium onion, halved, sliced
- 2 medium red bell peppers, cut into 1/2-inch strips
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1Preheat oven to 375°F
- 2Whisk chili sauce, soy sauce, balsamic vinegar, and ginger in medium bowl; place in large zip-loc bag.
- 3Add steaks and turn to coat.
- 4Let marinate at room temperature 15 minutes, turning occasionally.
- 5Heat 1/2 tablespoon vegetable oil in large ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat.
- 6Scrape most of marinade off steaks and back into bowl.
- 7Sprinkle steaks with salt and pepper; add to skillet and cook until browned, about 3 minutes.
- 8Turn steaks over and transfer skillet to oven.
- 9Roast until cooked to desired doneness, about 5 minutes longer for medium-rare.
- 10Transfer steaks to cutting board; let rest 10 minutes.
- 11Meanwhile, heat remaining 1 tablespoon vegetable oil in heavy medium skillet over medium-high heat.
- 12Add onion and bell peppers; sauté until crisp-tender, about 3 minutes.
- 13Add green onions and all remaining marinade from steaks.
- 14Bring to boil.
- 15Stir in cilantro.
- 16Cut steaks crosswise in half.
- 17Divide steaks among 4 plates.
- 18Spoon vegetables over steaks and serve with Jasmine rice to sop up the juice.
Browse Our Top Steak Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Steak Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Asian Steak Topped With Bell Pepper Stir-Fry
Serving Size: 1 (269 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 419.0
- Calories from Fat 246
- Total Fat 27.3 g
- Saturated Fat 9.5 g
- Cholesterol 114.8 mg
- Sodium 572.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.7 g
- Sugars 5.4 g
- Protein 31.3 g