My boyfriend and I made this for his parents and couldn't believe how much it tasted like the authentic version at our favorite Thai restaurant. Don't be discouraged by the long list of ingredients, it's actually extremely easy to put together. Beware, the green curry paste is HOT. We used just 2 tablespoons and it was very spicy. Enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup diced eggplant
- 1 cup chopped white onion
- 1 cup thinly sliced bell pepper
- 1 cup string bean
- 1 cup sliced carrot
- 1 cup broccoli (added later than other veggies so it dosn't get too soft)
- 1 (8 ounce) can bamboo shoots
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 -4 tablespoons thai green curry paste (depending on desired degree of heat)
- 2 tablespoons nam pla (Thai fish sauce)
- 1 (14 ounce) can unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 cup stock (shrimp, fish, veggie, or whatever you prefer)
- 1 1/2 lbs shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/2 cup chopped Thai basil (if unavailable use 1/2 italian basil, 1/2 mint)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 8 lime wedges (optional for garnish)
- 1In a wok or large saute pan, heat the oil over medium-high heat.
- 2Add the vegetables (minus the broccoli) and cook until softened, 3 to 5 minutes.
- 3Add the garlic and cook, stirring, until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- 4Add the curry paste and fish sauce, and cook, stirring, for 15 seconds.
- 5Add the coconut milk and stock and bring to a boil.
- 6Lower the heat and simmer until thickened, about 5 minutes.
- 7Add the shrimp, broccoli and bamboo shoots, and cook until shrimp is pink and broccoli is cooked to your preference.
- 8Stir in 1/4 cup of Thai basil and remove from heat.
- 9Season to taste with salt. Garnish with remaining Thai basil. Serve with rice and lime wedges.
Browse Our Top Curries Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Authentic Thai Green Curry
Serving Size: 1 (362 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 527.3
- Calories from Fat 290
- Total Fat 32.2 g
- Saturated Fat 21.0 g
- Cholesterol 259.2 mg
- Sodium 1139.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.1 g
- Sugars 7.4 g
- Protein 41.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
green curry paste