1/4 Photos of Banana Blossom Guinatan
Missy Wombat's Note:
I haven't tried this yet but am looking forward to using it when my banana trees ripen. Originally from a Charmaine Solomon book.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Discard tough outer layers and slice the blossom thinly, first cutting it in two lengthways if it is large.
- 2Put the slices in a bowl, sprinkle with a tablespoon of salt, rubbing it well inches Leave for 10-15 minutes, squeeze out juices, rinse under cold water and squeeze dry.
- 3Heat oil in a wok or frying pan and saute onion and garlic until golden brown.
- 4Add tomato, stir for 3 minutes.
- 5Add banana blossom and vinegar and bring to the boil.
- 6Simmer for 5 minutes.
- 7Taste and add salt and pepper as required.
- 8Cook until blossom is tender, then stir in coconut milk and remove from heat.
- 9Serve with rice.
Browse Our Top Bananas Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Banana Blossom Guinatan
Serving Size: 1 (122 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 190.0
- Calories from Fat 170
- Total Fat 18.9 g
- Saturated Fat 11.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 9.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 1.7 g
- Protein 1.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: