1/6 Photos of Bangkok Style Chicken Pad Thai
Member #610488's Note:
Old recipe from my grandmother's recipe box dated sometime in the '60's. Recipe is from the Thai Room of the Plaza Hotel, Bangkok, Thailand.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 ounces rice noodles (Vietnamese bahn pho or Thai sen-mee)
- 1/4 cup salted peanuts, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon lime peel, grated
- 3 tablespoons fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 4 1/2 teaspoons rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon chili sauce
- 3 tablespoons cooking oil
- 1 lb chicken breast, cut into bite-sized strips (boneless, skinless)
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 cup fresh bean sprout
- 1/3 cup green onion, sliced
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1Place noodles in a large bowl. Add enough hot tap water to cover; let stand for 10 to 15 minutes or until pliable but not soft. Drain well in a colander.
- 2Meanwhile, for peanut topping, combine peanuts and lime peel; set aside.
- 3In a small bowl combine fish sauce, lime juice, brown sugar, rice vinegar, and chile sauce; stir until smooth. Set aside.
- 4In a 12-inch nonstick skillet heat 1 tablespoon of the oil over medium-high heat. Add chicken and garlic; cook and stir for 6 minutes until chicken is tender and no pink remains. Transfer to a bowl.
- 5Add egg to the hot skillet and cook for 30 seconds. Turn egg with spatula and cook for 30 to 60 seconds more, just until set. Remove and chop egg; set aside.
- 6In same skillet heat remaining 2 tablespoons oil over high heat for 30 seconds. Add drained noodles and sprouts; stir-fry for 2 minutes. Add fish sauce mixture and chicken; cook 1 to 2 minutes more until heated through.
- 7Divide noodle mixture among four plates. Sprinkle each serving with egg and peanut topping. Garnish with green onion and cilantro.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Bangkok Style Chicken Pad Thai
Serving Size: 1 (276 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 643.6
- Calories from Fat 264
- Total Fat 29.3 g
- Saturated Fat 5.8 g
- Cholesterol 119.1 mg
- Sodium 1430.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 61.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.0 g
- Sugars 9.6 g
- Protein 32.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: