1/1 Photo of Beef or Chicken Satay With Peanut Sauce
2 hrs 2 mins
Thai style chicken or beef kabobs. These are very flavorful when marinated overnight. The recipe listed is for a large group. Perfect for potlucks. (Prep time is marinade time).
My Private Note
2oz. Se ...
Units: US | Metric
- 4 lbs flank steaks or 4 lbs boneless chicken breasts
- 4 fluid ounces peanut oil
- 1 stalk lemongrass, minced
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 1/2 teaspoons crushed chili peppers
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 fluid ounce Thai fish sauce or 1 fluid ounce vietnamese fish sauce
Spicy Peanut Sauce
- 1Method for meat and marinade: Trim the meat and cut into long thin strips.
- 2Combine all of the marinade ingredients, add the meat, and let marinate under refrigeration for at least 2 hours and up to 12 hours.
- 3Soak bamboo skewers in water for a least 10 minutes before you are ready to grill the satays.
- 4Thread the meat on the skewers, one strip per skewer.
- 5Skewer meat can be returned to the marinade to hold until cooking time.
- 6Place the skewered meat on the grill or boiler rods.
- 7Grill or broil undisturbed for about 1 minute, turn and grill 1 minute more for medium rare, or as needed for the desired doneness.
- 8Server the satays with the spicy peanut sauce.
- 9Method for Spicy Peanut Sauce: Process all ingredients in food processor until smooth.
- 10Cover and set aside at room temperature for 1 hour or overnight in the refrigerator.
- 11Bring to room temperature before using, and stir briskly or reprocess to mix.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Beef or Chicken Satay With Peanut Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (2977 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 368.5
- Calories from Fat 203
- Total Fat 22.6 g
- Saturated Fat 6.0 g
- Cholesterol 61.6 mg
- Sodium 1229.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 13.6 g
- Protein 26.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: