Thai style chicken or beef kabobs. These are very flavorful when marinated overnight. The recipe listed is for a large group. Perfect for potlucks. (Prep time is marinade time).
- 1814.36 g flank steaks or 1814.36 g boneless chicken breasts
- 4 fluid ounce peanut oil
- 1 stalk lemongrass, minced
- 14.79 ml minced garlic
- 7.39 ml crushed chili peppers
- 14.79 ml curry powder
- 14.79 ml honey
- 1 fluid ounce Thai fish sauce or 1 fluid ounce vietnamese fish sauce
Spicy Peanut Sauce
- 2 clove garlic, minced
- 14.17 g cilantro, minced
- 382.71 g peanut butter
- 340.19 g soy sauce
- 212.62 g sugar
- 14.79 ml rice wine or 14.79 ml dry sherry
- 22.18-66.55 ml chilies, hot
- Method for meat and marinade: Trim the meat and cut into long thin strips.
- Combine all of the marinade ingredients, add the meat, and let marinate under refrigeration for at least 2 hours and up to 12 hours.
- Soak bamboo skewers in water for a least 10 minutes before you are ready to grill the satays.
- Thread the meat on the skewers, one strip per skewer.
- Skewer meat can be returned to the marinade to hold until cooking time.
- Place the skewered meat on the grill or boiler rods.
- Grill or broil undisturbed for about 1 minute, turn and grill 1 minute more for medium rare, or as needed for the desired doneness.
- Server the satays with the spicy peanut sauce.
- Method for Spicy Peanut Sauce: Process all ingredients in food processor until smooth.
- Cover and set aside at room temperature for 1 hour or overnight in the refrigerator.
- Bring to room temperature before using, and stir briskly or reprocess to mix.