Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Phead = Spicy; Ped = Duck; Yang = Roast Roasted duck with red curry is a meal the Thai people usually have only on special occasions. You can find fresh lychee at any asian market and many regular markets. If you cannot find it you can use either canned lychee or small grapes instead. This will make your curry taste a bit more sour but still delicious.
- 1⁄2 lb roast duck meat, chopped & Without Skin
- 1 2⁄3 cups coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon red curry paste
- 5 cherry tomatoes
- 10 lychees, Pits removed
- 1⁄2 cup cherry eggplant
- 4 kaffir lime leaves, shredded
- 1⁄4 cup sweet basil
- 1 Thai red chili pepper, sliced
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fish sauce
- 1⁄3 cup water
- 2 cups jasmine rice, Cooked
- Remove leafy stalk end of cherry eggplant. Clean, then crush and soak in salted water to prevent discoloration.
- In a saucepan, combine 1 cup of the coconut milk and the red curry paste over medium-low heat, stir often until the mixture comes to a slow boil.
- Add duck meat and stir well. Add the remaining coconut milk and water. Mix well. Return to boil.
- Stir in eggplant, lychee, chili and tomato.
- Add sugar and fish sauce, mix well.
- Add kraffir lime leaves and basil. Stir again and remove from heat.
- Serve immediately. Spoon over Jasmine rice.