Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
From Quick&Easy Thai by Nancie McDermott. Can use angel hair pasta or spaghetti in place of Chinese style egg noodles if you cannot find them.
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon garlic, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons red curry paste
- 3⁄4 lb boneless chicken, cut in big bite-sized chunks
- 2 cups unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 3⁄4 cups chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons ground turmeric or 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 2 tablespoons dark soy sauce or 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons lime juice, freshly squeezed
- 1 lb chinese style egg noodles, fresh
- 1⁄3 cup shallot, coarsely chopped
- 1⁄3 cup cilantro, coarsely chopped
- 1⁄3 cup green onion, sliced thin
- heat oil in medium saucepan over medium heat, and then add garlic. toss well and add red curry paste, mashing and stirring to soften it in the oil, about 1 minute add chicken and cook 1-2 min, tossing now and then to brown it evenly and mix it with curry paste. add coconut milk, chicken broth, turmeric or curry powder, soy sauce, sugar, and salt and stir well. bring to gentle boil and adjust heat to maintain lively simmer. cook about 10 min, until meat is cooked through. stir in lime juice, remove from heat, and cover to keep curry warm.
- cook noodles in large pot of rapidly boiling water, until tender but still firm, as little as 2 minutes for fresh chinese noodles. drain, rinse well in cold water, drain again, and divide the noodles among individual serving bowls. ladle on hot curry and sprinkle each serving bowl with shallots, cilantro, and green onions. serve hot.