Lara & Kas' recipe -- SOOOO delicious!
Make and share this Chiang Mai (Khao Soi) Noodles recipe from Food.com.
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 4 shallots, chopped
- 4 cups coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- 1 tablespoon red curry paste
- 8 ounces beef, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1⁄2 cup fish sauce
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 3 cups water
- 6 ounces fresh thin egg noodles (ba mee)
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon cilantro leaves or 1 tablespoon coriander leaves, chopped
- 2 shallots, sliced
- 1⁄2 lime, in wedges
- 1⁄4 cup sliced Chinese mustard pickle
- Heat a large saucepan and add oil.
- When oil hot, stir-fry garlic & shallots for 30 seconds.
- Add coconut milk, curry posder, red curry paste, and then the beef.
- Heat to boiling, then reduce to medium heat.
- Simmer for ~30 minutes.
- Add fish sauce, sugar, turmeric, and lime juice.
- Stir to combine all the ingredients and bring to a slow boil.
- Continue to cook for 10 minutes.
- In a medium saucepan, heat the water to rapid boiling.
- Stir in fresh noodles and cook for 1 minute in rapidly boiling water.
- Drain the noodles and place in a serving bowl.
- Pour curry mixture over the noodles and top with the green onion and the cilantro.
- Serve with the garnish ingredients arranged on the side.