1/1 Photo of Chiang Mai (Khao Soi) Noodles
Lara & Kas' recipe -- SOOOO delicious!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 4 shallots, chopped
- 4 cups coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- 1 tablespoon red curry paste
- 8 ounces beef, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1/2 cup fish sauce
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 3 cups water
- 6 ounces fresh thin egg noodles (ba mee)
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon cilantro leaves or 1 tablespoon coriander leaves, chopped
- 1Heat a large saucepan and add oil.
- 2When oil hot, stir-fry garlic & shallots for 30 seconds.
- 3Add coconut milk, curry posder, red curry paste, and then the beef.
- 4Heat to boiling, then reduce to medium heat.
- 5Simmer for ~30 minutes.
- 6Add fish sauce, sugar, turmeric, and lime juice.
- 7Stir to combine all the ingredients and bring to a slow boil.
- 8Continue to cook for 10 minutes.
- 9In a medium saucepan, heat the water to rapid boiling.
- 10Stir in fresh noodles and cook for 1 minute in rapidly boiling water.
- 11Drain the noodles and place in a serving bowl.
- 12Pour curry mixture over the noodles and top with the green onion and the cilantro.
- 13Serve with the garnish ingredients arranged on the side.
Browse Our Top Curries Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Curries Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chiang Mai (Khao Soi) Noodles
Serving Size: 1 (614 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1795.0
- Calories from Fat 909
- Total Fat 101.1 g
- Saturated Fat 64.4 g
- Cholesterol 92.0 mg
- Sodium 2968.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 211.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.5 g
- Sugars 167.4 g
- Protein 17.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
red curry paste
Chinese mustard pickle