A wonderfully spicy and creamy soup that screams with flavor. The Thai name for this soup is Tom kha gai.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Grill the chicken breast and shred it. Set aside.
- 2Saute the mushrooms with the butter. Set aside.
- 3Grind the ginger, shallots, chiles and garlic to make a paste. (you might want to add a little salt to help break down the spices into a paste).
- 4In a sauce pan, combine the chicken broth, coconut milk and spice paste. Let simmer for 5 minutes.
- 5Add the chicken and mushrooms to the soup.
- 6Let simmer for 5 minutes.
- 7Squeeze fresh lime into the soup to taste.
- 8Serve with fresh cilantro and basil on top.
Browse Our Top Poultry Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Coconut Soup
Serving Size: 1 (310 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 301.7
- Calories from Fat 201
- Total Fat 22.4 g
- Saturated Fat 18.4 g
- Cholesterol 24.7 mg
- Sodium 430.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.4 g
- Sugars 8.4 g
- Protein 13.2 g