Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
A wonderfully spicy and creamy soup that screams with flavor. The Thai name for this soup is Tom kha gai.
- Grill the chicken breast and shred it. Set aside.
- Saute the mushrooms with the butter. Set aside.
- Grind the ginger, shallots, chiles and garlic to make a paste. (you might want to add a little salt to help break down the spices into a paste).
- In a sauce pan, combine the chicken broth, coconut milk and spice paste. Let simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add the chicken and mushrooms to the soup.
- Let simmer for 5 minutes.
- Squeeze fresh lime into the soup to taste.
- Serve with fresh cilantro and basil on top.
This recipe just goes to prove that I can make Thai food every bit as delicious as our favorite restaurant, with the help of someone on recipezaar! That flavor is amazing! I followed the recipe exactly but also added a small can of bamboo shoots to copy our local Thai restaurant's "Chicken Tom Kha" soup. Thank you so much for posting. I'll be making this again and again!