Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
A wonderfully spicy and creamy soup that screams with flavor. The Thai name for this soup is Tom kha gai.
- Grill the chicken breast and shred it. Set aside.
- Saute the mushrooms with the butter. Set aside.
- Grind the ginger, shallots, chiles and garlic to make a paste. (you might want to add a little salt to help break down the spices into a paste).
- In a sauce pan, combine the chicken broth, coconut milk and spice paste. Let simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add the chicken and mushrooms to the soup.
- Let simmer for 5 minutes.
- Squeeze fresh lime into the soup to taste.
- Serve with fresh cilantro and basil on top.