1/1 Photo of Chicken in Red Curry with Bamboo Shoots
Sue Lau's Note:
An easy to make Thai curry that you can substitute other vegetables in if you like. Goes great with jasmine rice. Recipe posted by request.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb diced boneless chicken
- 1 -2 tablespoon red curry paste
- 3/4 cup unsweetened coconut milk
- 1/2 cup sweet basil
- 5 kaffir lime leaves, halved
- 1 -3 fresh hot red chili pepper, sliced lengthwise into narrow strips (amount to taste)
- 1/2 cup sliced zucchini
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1/3 cup water
- 5 ounces sliced bamboo shoots
- 1 1/2 teaspoons palm sugar or 1 1/2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1Heat about 1/2 the coconut milk to a boil in a large pan.
- 2Stir in the red curry paste.
- 3Add the chicken, reduce heat, and simmer until chicken is cooked through, 5-7 minutes.
- 4Add the rest of the coconut milk, water, bamboo shoots, sugar, and fish sauce and return to a boil.
- 5Stir in the zucchini, kaffir lime leaves, and hot chillies.
- 6Cook several minutes or until zucchini are done to your liking.
- 7Garnish with sweet basil before serving.
- 8Serve with hot rice, if desired.
Browse Our Top Curries Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken in Red Curry with Bamboo Shoots
Serving Size: 1 (202 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 348.7
- Calories from Fat 237
- Total Fat 26.3 g
- Saturated Fat 12.9 g
- Cholesterol 85.1 mg
- Sodium 784.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 2.3 g
- Protein 23.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
red curry paste
kaffir lime leaves