An easy to make Thai curry that you can substitute other vegetables in if you like. Goes great with jasmine rice. Recipe posted by request.
- 1 lb diced boneless chicken
- 1 -2 tablespoon red curry paste
- 3⁄4 cup unsweetened coconut milk
- 1⁄2 cup sweet basil
- 5 kaffir lime leaves, halved
- 1 -3 fresh hot red chili pepper, sliced lengthwise into narrow strips (amount to taste)
- 1⁄2 cup sliced zucchini
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1⁄3 cup water
- 5 ounces sliced bamboo shoots
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons palm sugar or 1 1⁄2 teaspoons brown sugar
- Heat about 1/2 the coconut milk to a boil in a large pan.
- Stir in the red curry paste.
- Add the chicken, reduce heat, and simmer until chicken is cooked through, 5-7 minutes.
- Add the rest of the coconut milk, water, bamboo shoots, sugar, and fish sauce and return to a boil.
- Stir in the zucchini, kaffir lime leaves, and hot chillies.
- Cook several minutes or until zucchini are done to your liking.
- Garnish with sweet basil before serving.
- Serve with hot rice, if desired.