1/2 Photos of Chicken Pad Thai
Megan Yonak's Note:
This is another 'whip up at the last minute' ideas... I made it with all organic ingredients and sauces (other than the Sriracha- a spicy 'Asian Ketchup' which, if you don't have- you MUST get- and the jiff, which you will NEVER get me off of- I will never do organic peanut butter- that is the one thing I REFUSE to give up- haha). It's a pretty easy rendition, but it went over really well at a last minute dinner party!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 ounces Thai rice noodles (Thai Kitchen Brand- 1/2 box)
- 2 eggs
- 3 (6 -7 ounce) boneless chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup paad Thai sauce ("Thai Kitchen" Brand)
- 1/2 cup organic peanut sauce
- 2 tablespoons creamy peanut butter (Jiff)
- 6 scallions, diced
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic
- 1 lime (quartered)
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 -3 tablespoons sriracha sauce
- 1/2 cup chopped dry roasted peanuts
- 6 tablespoons diced scallions (to garnish)
- 1Either grill chicken on your Foreman grill and transfer it to a large sauté pan, or sauté the chicken, cut it into cubes and replace into pan --.
- 2in a separate pan, scramble two eggs and set aside.
- 3Add COOKED chicken, garlic, scallions, red pepper flakes, peanut butter, and both sauces, siriracha, and squeeze 1/2 of lime into sauté pan. Simmer 5-10 minutes.
- 4boil a large pot of water and when rapidly boiling, drop in 1/2 package of rice noodles. Remove from heat and stir occasionally- letting sit 10 minutes. When finished, drain and rinse noodles with cold water.
- 5Add noodles to sauce and chicken mixture. toss and cook noodles and sauce 3 minute.
- 6Add bean sprouts and egg and cook another 2 or 3 minutes. (IF NECESSARY, ADD EXTRA PAD THAI SAUCE OR PEANUT SAUCE TO GET IT TO THE SAUCE CONSISTENCY THAT YOU NEED, I AM GUESSING ON THE MEASUREMENTS- I PRETTY MUCH EYEBALL EVERYTHING).
- 7Serve garnished with lime wedge and sprinkle with extra scallions and crushed peanuts.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Pad Thai
Serving Size: 1 (222 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 466.7
- Calories from Fat 197
- Total Fat 21.9 g
- Saturated Fat 4.7 g
- Cholesterol 124.9 mg
- Sodium 328.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 40.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.6 g
- Sugars 2.8 g
- Protein 27.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
paad Thai sauce