1/1 Photo of Chicken & Pumpkin Curry (21 Day Wonder Diet: Day 13)
Sara 76's Note:
This is Day 13: Lunch, on the 21 Day Wonder Diet. You can make this whole recipe the day before. This lunch is to be followed by an afternoon snack of 125g grapes.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup brown rice
- 1 small red onion, chopped finely
- 2 tablespoons coriander roots, and stem chopped finely
- 1/4 cup coriander leaves
- 2 fresh long red chilies, chopped coarsely
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 25 g fresh ginger, grated
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 180 g chicken breast fillets, sliced finely
- 1/4 cup light coconut milk
- 150 g butternut pumpkin, cut into 1cm cubes
- 115 g baby corn, chopped coarsely
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- 2 tablespoons fresh coriander leaves, extra
- 1Cook rice in large saucepan of boiling water unril tender, drain.
- 2Meanwhile, blend onion, coriander root and stem mixture, coriander leaves, chilli, garlic, ginger, and turmeric until smooth.
- 3Cook paste in medium frying pan, stirring, until fragrant. Add stock, chicken and coconut milk; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, 10 minutes.
- 4Add pumpkin and corn to pan; simmer, uncovered, 10 minutes.
- 5Serve rice topped with curry, sprouts and extra coriander.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken & Pumpkin Curry (21 Day Wonder Diet: Day 13)
Serving Size: 1 (513 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 448.1
- Calories from Fat 44
- Total Fat 4.9 g
- Saturated Fat 1.1 g
- Cholesterol 55.8 mg
- Sodium 253.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 71.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.7 g
- Sugars 11.2 g
- Protein 32.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
light coconut milk