katie in the UP's Note:
Found this recipe in EveryDay with Rachael Ray April/2008. Posted for safe keeping :)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 lb whole wheat spaghetti
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3/4 lb chicken breast, cutlets thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 3/4 cup peanut butter
- 1/4 cup tamari, plus
- 2 tablespoons tamari (dark soy sauce)
- 1/4 cup Thai red curry paste
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 1 inch piece fresh ginger, thinly sliced
- 1/2 head savoy cabbage, shredded
- 1/2 cup apple juice
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- 1/4 cup chopped peanuts
- 4 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro
- lime wedge, for serving
- 1Bring a large pot of water to boil, salt it, add the pasta an cook until al dente, drain.
- 2Meanwhile, in a soup pot, heat the oil over med heat.
- 3Add the chicken and garlic and cook, stirring until the chicken is opaque, about 5 minutes.
- 4Transfer to a plate.
- 5Add the peanut butter, tamari, curry paste and tomato paste to the pot and stir.
- 6Increase the heat to med high and whisk in the chicken broth; add the ginger.
- 7Bring to a boil, then stir in the cabbage and cook until wilted, about 2 minutes.
- 8Return the chicken to the pot and stir in the apple juice.
- 9Divide the pasta among 4 bowls.
- 10Ladle the soup over the pasta.
- 11Top with bean sprouts, peanuts, scallions and cilantro.
- 12Serve with lime wedges!
Browse Our Top Curries Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Satay Noodle Soup
Serving Size: 1 (697 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 850.9
- Calories from Fat 419
- Total Fat 46.5 g
- Saturated Fat 9.5 g
- Cholesterol 54.4 mg
- Sodium 3003.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 64.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.1 g
- Sugars 12.1 g
- Protein 52.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Thai red curry paste