Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Found this recipe in EveryDay with Rachael Ray April/2008. Posted for safe keeping :)
Make and share this Chicken Satay Noodle Soup recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 lb whole wheat spaghetti
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3⁄4 lb chicken breast, cutlets thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 3⁄4 cup peanut butter
- 1⁄4 cup tamari, plus
- 2 tablespoons tamari (dark soy sauce)
- 1⁄4 cup Thai red curry paste
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 1 inch piece fresh ginger, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 head savoy cabbage, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup apple juice
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- 1⁄4 cup chopped peanuts
- 4 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro
- lime wedge, for serving
- Bring a large pot of water to boil, salt it, add the pasta an cook until al dente, drain.
- Meanwhile, in a soup pot, heat the oil over med heat.
- Add the chicken and garlic and cook, stirring until the chicken is opaque, about 5 minutes.
- Transfer to a plate.
- Add the peanut butter, tamari, curry paste and tomato paste to the pot and stir.
- Increase the heat to med high and whisk in the chicken broth; add the ginger.
- Bring to a boil, then stir in the cabbage and cook until wilted, about 2 minutes.
- Return the chicken to the pot and stir in the apple juice.
- Divide the pasta among 4 bowls.
- Ladle the soup over the pasta.
- Top with bean sprouts, peanuts, scallions and cilantro.
- Serve with lime wedges!