This is a variation on numerous recipes I have found for one of my favourite dishes!
Make and share this Chicken Thai Green Curry recipe from Food.com.
- 500 -700 g chicken breasts or 500 -700 g chicken thighs
- lime juice
- 1 inch piece fresh ginger, minced
- 1 green chili
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1 spring onion
- 1 -2 tablespoon green curry paste (to taste)
- 400 ml coconut milk
- 40 ml fish sauce
- 1 liter stock
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- sliced vegetables (carrot, brocolli, courgette, bak choi, mushroom)
- 1 (8 ounce) can bamboo shoots (optional)
- Heat 1 T oil in a wok and add finely chopped chilli and garlic. Quickly brown the chicken and while cooking add a squirt of lime juice. Remove to a plate.
- Cook the ginger and finely chopped spring onion until fragrant.
- Add the curry paste and cook for 30 seconds.
- Add the stock and cook down for 5 minutes.
- Combine the coconut milk, fish sauce and sugar and add to the wok.
- Bring to a rolling boil and add your chicken and continue cooking until chicken is nearly cooked.
- Add vegetables and bamboo and cook til slightly crisp.
- Serve with rice.
The taste of this was very good, but the amount of stock was a bit too much for my liking. If you are looking for soup, this is a great recipe, but for a curry I really found it to be too runny. Next time I'll skip the stock and only use coconut milk. Thanks for sharing!<br/>Made for Bargain Basement May 2013