I made this earlier today on a whim, it was very simple and quick. I will be making this again, & tweaking with it in the future. Quite budget friendly. I tried to make a dish similar to one of my favorites served at a noodle shop that has weird hours.
My Private Note
large b ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (14 ounce) can unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 (14 ounce) can Swanson's beef and onion broth (plain beef broth could be used, but the onion adds great flavor.)
- 3 green onions, cut on the diagonal
- 1 large jalapeno pepper, deseeded & deveined
- 1 sirloin tip steak, I have my butcher slice it thinly at the store
- 1 teaspoon red curry powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons garam masala
- 7 drops lemon juice, from the squeezie plastic lemon thing
- salt and pepper
- red pepper flakes (*, optional, optional) (optional) or cayenne (*) (optional)
To serve over
- 3 cups cooked basmati rice
- 1In a medium saucepan, add broth and coconut milk, bring to a boil.
- 2While liquid is coming to a boil, chop and add jalapeno and all ingredients Except beef, stirring frequently.
- 3When liquid boils, add beef, stirring frequently until thinly sliced beef is done, three to five minutes, depending on how well done you like your beef. Turn off heat.
- 4Ladle over bowls of basmati rice, adding salt & pepper to taste.
Browse Our Top Steak Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Coconut Curry Beef (Easy)
Serving Size: 1 (395 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 661.3
- Calories from Fat 368
- Total Fat 40.9 g
- Saturated Fat 26.6 g
- Cholesterol 114.0 mg
- Sodium 95.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 37.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 0.4 g
- Protein 36.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Swanson's beef and onion broth