Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
I made this earlier today on a whim, it was very simple and quick. I will be making this again, & tweaking with it in the future. Quite budget friendly. I tried to make a dish similar to one of my favorites served at a noodle shop that has weird hours.
- 1 (14 ounce) can unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 (14 ounce) can Swanson's beef and onion broth (plain beef broth could be used, but the onion adds great flavor.)
- 3 green onions, cut on the diagonal
- 1 large jalapeno pepper, deseeded & deveined
- 1 sirloin tip steak, I have my butcher slice it thinly at the store
- 1 teaspoon red curry powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons garam masala
- 7 drops lemon juice, from the squeezie plastic lemon thing
- salt and pepper
- red pepper flakes (*, optional, optional) (optional) or cayenne (*) (optional)
To serve over
- 3 cups cooked basmati rice
- In a medium saucepan, add broth and coconut milk, bring to a boil.
- While liquid is coming to a boil, chop and add jalapeno and all ingredients Except beef, stirring frequently.
- When liquid boils, add beef, stirring frequently until thinly sliced beef is done, three to five minutes, depending on how well done you like your beef. Turn off heat.
- Ladle over bowls of basmati rice, adding salt & pepper to taste.