1/2 Photos of Coconut Green Curry Brown Rice
Terrific accompaniment to many Thai dishes, such as fish and curries or Caribbean fare. Washing off excess starch will result in lighter, fluffier rice) I don't measure with measuring cups my liquid in the rice cooker I use my thumb the amount of liquid should be one digits worth above the rice. BUT if not sure follow directions.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups brown rice (Wash the rice with cold water in the inner cooking pan. Rub the grains of rice gently between the pa)
- 1 (14 ounce) can light coconut milk (Used Thia Kitchen)
- 2 -4 tablespoons green curry paste (I used Tiger Tiger)
- 1 lime, sliced
- scallion, sliced
- cashews, toasted, rough chopped (optional)
- 1Add rice to cooker, stir in coconut milk, 2 sliced lime and curry paste the fill water or broth to marking that corresponds to the number of cups of brown rice used under "Brown Rice", or use the plastic measuring cup used to measure the rice and add 1-1/2 to 2 times the amount of liquid to rice. The rice should be completely submerged and leveled to ensure even cooking.
- 2Close lid securely, plug in the rice cooker and press the cooking switch to start.
- 3When cooking completes, allow the rice to "rest" for 15 minutes before opening the lid. On some advanced models, this is done automatically. Open the cooker and use the nonstick rice spatula to fluff remove lime slices and serve your brown rice with garnishes.
- 4Top with cashews.
- 5Garnish with remaining lime slices, green onions and or fresh basil.
Browse Our Top Brown Rice Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Brown Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Coconut Green Curry Brown Rice
Serving Size: 1 (73 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 347.2
- Calories from Fat 24
- Total Fat 2.7 g
- Saturated Fat 0.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 6.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 73.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.7 g
- Sugars 1.0 g
- Protein 7.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
light coconut milk
green curry paste