1/2 Photos of Coconut Lime Shrimp with Peanut Sauce
Sublime! The combination of flavours and textures in this dish is fantastic. Intense and soulful. The shrimp need to marinate for a minimum of 2 hours. From Bon Appetit, July, 1997.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 78.07 ml creamy peanut butter (do not use old-fashioned style or freshly ground)
- 59.14 ml chicken broth
- 29.58 ml canned unsweetened coconut milk
- 4.92 ml fresh lime juice
- 4.92 ml soy sauce
- 4.92 ml fish sauce (nam pla)
- 4.92 ml hot pepper sauce (such as Tabasco)
- 236.59 ml coarsely chopped fresh basil
- 118.29 ml canned unsweetened coconut milk
- 22.18 ml finely chopped garlic
- 22.18 ml fresh lime juice
- 14.79 ml minced peeled fresh ginger
- 9.85 ml soy sauce
- 9.85 ml fish sauce (nam pla)
- 9.85 ml golden brown sugar
- 20 large shrimp, peeled,deveined
- 4 bamboo skewers, soaked in water for 30 minutes
- 1For peanut sauce: Puree all ingredients in processor until smooth.
- 2(Can be prepared 1 day ahead. Cover and refrigerate. Bring to room temperature before using.) For shrimp: Blend first 8 ingredients in processor until almost smooth.
- 3Transfer marinade to 13x9x2-inch glass baking dish.
- 4Add shrimp and turn to coat.
- 5Cover and refrigerate 2 hours, turning occasionally.
- 6Prepare barbecue (medium-high heat).
- 7Thread 5 shrimp onto each of 4 skewers.
- 8Grill until just cooked through, basting with marinade, about 2 minutes per side.
- 9Alternatively, you can grill shrimp under a preheated broiler.
- 10Serve shrimp with peanut sauce.
- 11Serve with steamed rice.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Coconut Lime Shrimp with Peanut Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (137 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 248.7
- Calories from Fat 169
- Total Fat 18.8 g
- Saturated Fat 8.9 g
- Cholesterol 53.6 mg
- Sodium 844.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 4.7 g
- Protein 13.3 g