5 hrs 30 mins
Ripped from one of my cookbooks. The skin is left on the chicken for keeping the flesh moist during cooking -it says don't eat it. I will use low-sodium soy, low-sodium fish sauce, Splenda for the sugar, and low-fat coconut milk when I make this. I like to cook chicken on the bone for an hour at 350 so since I haven't made it yet, make sure juices run clear.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 chicken pieces, with the bone-in and skin on
- 2 limes, cut into wedges
- 2 red chilies, finely sliced
- 2 lemongrass, stalks to garnish (optional)
for the marinade
- 1Put all the marinade ingredients in a food processor and process until smooth.
- 2Put the chicken pieces in shallow dish and pour the marinade over it and coat pieces.
- 3Marinade for 4 hours to overnight, covered in the refrigerator, turning occasionally.
- 4Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. and put the chicken on a rack with a tray under it.
- 5Brush the chicken with the marinade and bake about 30 minutes or until the chicken is done and golden brown. Turn the chicken halfway through cooking.
- 6Garnish with lime wedges, finely sliced red chilies and lemongrass stalks.
- 7Serve with rice.
Browse Our Top Marinades and Rubs Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Marinades and Rubs Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Coconut Milk Marinade for Baked Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (66 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 132.8
- Calories from Fat 61
- Total Fat 6.7 g
- Saturated Fat 5.8 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1223.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 7.7 g
- Protein 3.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: