5 hrs 20 mins
This is very good and easy to make. Especially for those busy fall days once school has started. :D Note: This does call for peanuts. Posted for Zaar World Tour 05
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 chicken breast halves, cut into 1/2 inch strips (boneless and skinless)
- 1 large red bell pepper, seeded and sliced into strips
- 1 large onion, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2/3 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/2 cup chopped roasted peanuts
- 1Place the chicken breast strips, bell pepper and onion into a slow cooker.
- 2Pour in the chicken broth and 1/4 cup of soy sauce, then season with cumin, garlic, red pepper flakes, salt and pepper.
- 3Stir to blend, then cover and cook on Low for 4 1/2 to 5 hours.
- 4Remove 1 cup of the liquid from the slow cooker, and mix this with the cornstarch, peanut butter, 1 tablespoon of soy sauce and lime juice.
- 5This should blend into a fairly thick sauce. Stir the sauce back into the slow cooker, and place the lid on the pot.
- 6Cook on High for 30 minutes.
- 7Garnish with green onions, cilantro and peanuts before serving.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crock Pot Thai Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (231 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 455.4
- Calories from Fat 279
- Total Fat 31.0 g
- Saturated Fat 6.2 g
- Cholesterol 46.4 mg
- Sodium 1237.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.7 g
- Sugars 6.3 g
- Protein 29.7 g