Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
There was a recipe similar to this one in the February 2002 issue of Woman's Day magazine. It looked pretty tasty, but I changed a few things to better suit my family's tastes.
- 1 (14 ounce) can coconut milk
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1 tablespoon red curry (I used Taste of Thai red curry base)
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 chicken breasts, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 medium onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 2 large carrots, thinly sliced
- 1 medium bell pepper, quartered and sliced
- Whisk coconut milk, flour, and curry base in slow-cooker until smooth.
- Whisk in garlic and salt.
- Add chicken, onion, and carrots; stir to mix.
- Scatter bell pepper over top.
- Cover and cook on low 6 to 8 hours until chicken and vegetables are tender.
I was looking for coconut curry crock pot dishes, and most of them required a lot of prep cooking - this one looked really simple so I thought I'd give it a try. It was so delicious, I ate most of it in one sitting; I couldn't stop going back for more! In fact, I created an account just to review this!
Absolute gold!!!! It also looked really nice and appetizing which crockpot recipes often don't. Just loved this recipe!! The sauce was a perfect consistency and it was very quick to make. My only constructive comment would be to adjust the amount of curry paste to suit the spiciness that your family can take. I used a shade less curry than the recipe called for and it was VERY spicy. A lot of peolpe will love that but for those whose palates are more sensitive use half the paste called for.