Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
Here's a healthy and tasty way to get your veggies. This makes an easy appetiser for four people or you can turn it into a main dish for two by serving a piece of cod or thinly sliced pork fillet over the top. I also like a jalapeno pepper in my salad, but beware -- because this dish is not cooked the jalapeno adds a lot of heat!
- 2 limes, juiced
- 1 tablespoon Thai red curry paste
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1⁄2 tablespoon brown sugar
- 200 g fresh green beans
- 200 g bean sprouts
- 1 red pepper, sliced into thin strips
- 1 medium red onion, thinly sliced
- 1⁄4 cup fresh coriander, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup of fresh mint, chopped
- 1 small red chilies or 1 small green chili, minced (optional)
- 8 -12 leaves baby lettuce
- Mix the lime juice, curry paste, fish sauce and brown sugar in the bottom of a medium sized bowl.
- Boil the green beans for one minute, then drain and let cool.
- Put the green beans, bean sprouts, red pepper, red onion, coriander, mint and chilli in the bowl with the dressing.
- Toss until mixed.
- Arrange the lettuce leaves on a plate, then put some salad on top.
I made this recently because I've had something like this in the past. I made per the instructions using jalapenos as the chilis, about four, which was fine. I loved the way the onions came out, especially the next day and will make the salad a day ahead in the future because it had better flavor after sitting. Thanks for posting!
We all thought it was "interesting," but were not able to finish what I made. Not sure if I did something wrong.
This is unbelievably good! I used three chilies because I love spice, but followed the rest of the recipe exactly! I will certainly be making this in the future!