Here's a healthy and tasty way to get your veggies. This makes an easy appetiser for four people or you can turn it into a main dish for two by serving a piece of cod or thinly sliced pork fillet over the top. I also like a jalapeno pepper in my salad, but beware -- because this dish is not cooked the jalapeno adds a lot of heat!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 limes, juiced
- 1 tablespoon Thai red curry paste
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1/2 tablespoon brown sugar
- 200 g fresh green beans
- 200 g bean sprouts
- 1 red pepper, sliced into thin strips
- 1 medium red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup fresh coriander, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh mint, chopped
- 1 small red chilies or 1 small green chili, minced (optional)
- 8 -12 leaves baby lettuce
- 1Mix the lime juice, curry paste, fish sauce and brown sugar in the bottom of a medium sized bowl.
- 2Boil the green beans for one minute, then drain and let cool.
- 3Put the green beans, bean sprouts, red pepper, red onion, coriander, mint and chilli in the bowl with the dressing.
- 4Toss until mixed.
- 5Arrange the lettuce leaves on a plate, then put some salad on top.
Browse Our Top Lime Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lime Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crunchy Thai Salad
Serving Size: 1 (230 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 158.9
- Calories from Fat 8
- Total Fat 0.9 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1443.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 36.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.0 g
- Sugars 18.8 g
- Protein 8.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Thai red curry paste