Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
This recipe is so fragrant and creamy, nobody can guess that it uses chicken stock to reduce fat/calories without reducing flavor. It is mild enough to be paired with any dish yet tasty enough to be eaten on its own. You could use jasmine rice instead if you prefer.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cups long grain rice
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1 (14 ounce) can coconut milk (not cream of coconut)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup green onion, chopped
- In a large saucepan, heat oil and saute uncooked rice for 2 minutes or until edges start to turn slightly white, stirring constantly to avoid burning it.
- Stir in stock and coconut milk. Stir to combine then add salt.
- Bring mixture to a boil then reduce to a simmer for approximately 20 minutes or until rice is fully cooked and liquid are absorbed. Remove from heat and stir in chopped green onions.
This is a great rice recipe!! It comes out nice and fluffy, not soupy. Made exactly as written and will make again! DH loves white rice with butter, salt/pepper but I am not a big fan; this will be made instead has a subtle flavor so it can be paired with almost anything. Made for PAC Spring 2010.