This recipe was created and named by Keo Sananikone, for his Thai restaurant, Mekong, located in Hawaii. Keo's recipes are some of my favorite ones in Thai cuisine. This dish has graced the pages of Bon Appetit, Food and Wine, Bazaar, and both the Los Angeles and New York Times. I can't wait to give it a whirl!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cut chicken in to thin strips (approximately 2 inches long).
- 2Grind together peppers, lemongrass and kaffir lime leaves in a mortar or food processor.
- 3Heat oil to medium-high in a medium saucepan and add peppers, lemongrass and kaffir lime leaves mixture, sautéing for 3 minutes.
- 4Add coconut milk to the pan and stir well, continue cooking for 2 minutes.
- 5Add chicken to the pan and continue cooking for 5 more minutes.
- 6Reduce heat to medium-low, stir in fish sauce and basil and simmer for 1 last minute.
- 7Serve atop the bed of cabbage and enjoy.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Evil Jungle Prince With Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (137 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 304.7
- Calories from Fat 163
- Total Fat 18.2 g
- Saturated Fat 8.1 g
- Cholesterol 36.3 mg
- Sodium 698.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 22.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 20.9 g
- Protein 13.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
kaffir lime leaves