Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This recipe was created and named by Keo Sananikone, for his Thai restaurant, Mekong, located in Hawaii. Keo's recipes are some of my favorite ones in Thai cuisine. This dish has graced the pages of Bon Appetit, Food and Wine, Bazaar, and both the Los Angeles and New York Times. I can't wait to give it a whirl!
- Cut chicken in to thin strips (approximately 2 inches long).
- Grind together peppers, lemongrass and kaffir lime leaves in a mortar or food processor.
- Heat oil to medium-high in a medium saucepan and add peppers, lemongrass and kaffir lime leaves mixture, sautéing for 3 minutes.
- Add coconut milk to the pan and stir well, continue cooking for 2 minutes.
- Add chicken to the pan and continue cooking for 5 more minutes.
- Reduce heat to medium-low, stir in fish sauce and basil and simmer for 1 last minute.
- Serve atop the bed of cabbage and enjoy.