Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Simple, delicious garlic prawns - we like these over noodles. Recipe is from Arun's restaurant in Chicago. Do not substitute oyster sauce for the fish sauce, they are not interchangeable. If you need to substitute the fish sauce, use either Worcestershire sauce or soy sauce.
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 lb prawns or 1 lb shrimp, peeled with tails left on and deveined
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce (nam pla)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon minced cilantro
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon white pepper
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat; add garlic, cook and stir until garlic is translucent, 2-3 minutes.
- Stir in shrimp, fish sauce, cilantro, black pepper and white pepper; cook over medium heat, stirring often, until shrimp is opaque, about 3 minutes.
Easy and good! A little salty for my taste, but I guess I should have expected that with the fish sauce. Next time I'll reduce the amount to 1 tbsp. I made it as a quick lunch for me and DH. thanks for posting!
Tasty. A light meal(not heavy on the belly). I served this with rice noodles and will definitely have it again. It only takes minutes to make.
This was a definite hit with DH. He said 5 stars, and I have to agree with him. VERY EASY too.