Chef #1243815's Note:
Light and flavorful Thai inspired dish that will wow your grill! This recipe is adapted from Redbook magazine and the Lexington Herald-Leader. I prefer to use boneless, skinless chicken thighs, but any cut of chicken would be excellent. The most time consuming aspect of this recipe is the preparation of the marinade, but it is well worth the reward!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken (thighs preferred)
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 4 tablespoons fish sauce or 4 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons chopped lemongrass, bulbs
- 3 smashed garlic cloves
- 2 teaspoons lime zest
- 3 tablespoons fresh squeezed lime juice
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground white pepper (or black)
- 1/4 cup julienned scallion
- 1/2 cup julienned red bell pepper
- 1/4 cup julienned jicama
- 1/2 cup julienned snow peas
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon chili sauce
- 1 tablespoon spicy sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds
- 2 cups rice noodles (linguine shaped works best)
- 1 dash extra virgin olive oil
- 2 sprigs cilantro (to garnish)
- 2Puree cilantro, 2 tbsp fish/soy sauce, lemongrass bulb, garlic, lime zest, lime juice and ground pepper in blender to a course paste.
- 3Coat chicken with mixture and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes. Turn chicken (recoating with excess in dish) 15 minutes after refrigerating.
- 4Jicama Slaw:.
- 5Place scallions, peppers, jicama and snow peas in large mixing bowl. Whisk sugar, 1 tbsp fish/soy sauce, chili sauce, sesame oil and sesame seeds in small mixing bowl. Pour sauce mixture onto vegetables and mix thoroughly. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve (can be made 24 hrs ahead).
- 6Remove chicken from refrigerator and prepare grill medium to high heat.
- 7Boil water for rice noodles.
- 8Grill chicken (with marinade paste on) until cooked thoroughly. Remove from heat, cover and let rest.
- 9Add noodles to boiling water and turn off heat. Let soak until tender and drain (adding a dash of extra-virgin olive oil to prevent sticking).
- 10Plate noodles and top with slaw. Add chicken on top of noodles and slaw and garnish with cilantro.
Browse Our Top Chicken Thigh & Leg Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Thigh & Leg Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grilled Lemongrass-Lime Chicken With Jicama Slaw and Rice Noodle
Serving Size: 1 (648 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 680.7
- Calories from Fat 115
- Total Fat 12.8 g
- Saturated Fat 2.5 g
- Cholesterol 263.9 mg
- Sodium 3198.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.6 g
- Sugars 12.1 g
- Protein 111.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
spicy sesame oil