Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 24 hrs
Cook 15 mins
Serve with salad and pita bread. This recipe is for cooking on a barbecue. Prep time includes marinating.
- 3⁄4 cup coconut cream
- 1 tablespoon thai green curry paste
- 2 teaspoons light brown sugar
- 1⁄2 lime, juice of, only
- 2 teaspoons Thai fish sauce
- 1 3⁄4 lbs pork (fillets are particularly tender or you could use pork steaks or thick boneless chops)
- 3 medium red onions, cut into 12-18 wedges
- 3 limes, cut into 12 wedges
- Mix together the coconut cream, curry paste, sugar, lime juice and fish sauce in a non-metallic bowl. Cut the pork into about 1in cubes and stir into the sauce. Leave to marinate in the fridge overnight or for about 2 hours at room temperature, stirring every so often.
- To make up the skewers, thread pieces of pork on to six long metal skewers, alternating with red onion and lime wedges until all have been used up.
- Place the skewers over medium-hot coals for about 10 minutes, brushing generously with any marinade for the first 5 minutes, and turning every so often until golden and succulent.