1/1 Photo of Ken Hom's Stir Fried Mixed Vegetables
I've just cooked this with Ginger and Chilli Baked Fish (recipe no. 72665). Thought you might like to try it too.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 ounces broccoli
- 8 ounces asparagus
- 8 ounces pak choi
- 8 ounces baby corn
- 1 1/2 tablespoons peanut oil or 1 1/2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped shallots
- 2 small fresh red chilies, seeded and sliced
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1Separate the broccoli florets and peel and thinly slice the stems on the diagonal; Cut the asparagus into 4cm pieces; Cut the chinese leaves into 4cm strips; Halve the baby corn lengthways or leave it whole.
- 2Blanch the broccoli in a large pot of boiling salted water for 3 minutes; Drain and plunge them into cold water to stop them from cooking.
- 3Heat a wok or large frying pan until hot; Add the oil and when it is very hot and slightly smoking, add the shallots and chillies and stir fry for 1 minute; Then add the baby corn and the asparagus; Stir fry for 30 seconds, then add the fish sauce and water, bring the mixture to the boil, cover and cook over high heat for 2 minutes.
- 4Then add the broccoli and Chinese leaves together with the oyster sauce, sugar and salt; Continue cooking over high heat for 3 minutes or until the vegetables are cooked.
- 5Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Bok Choys Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bok Choys Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Ken Hom's Stir Fried Mixed Vegetables
Serving Size: 1 (229 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 163.7
- Calories from Fat 56
- Total Fat 6.2 g
- Saturated Fat 1.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1387.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.5 g
- Sugars 6.8 g
- Protein 5.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: