I've just cooked this with Ginger and Chilli Baked Fish (recipe no. 72665). Thought you might like to try it too.
- 8 ounces broccoli
- 8 ounces asparagus
- 8 ounces pak choi
- 8 ounces baby corn
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons peanut oil or 1 1⁄2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped shallots
- 2 small fresh red chilies, seeded and sliced
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Separate the broccoli florets and peel and thinly slice the stems on the diagonal; Cut the asparagus into 4cm pieces; Cut the chinese leaves into 4cm strips; Halve the baby corn lengthways or leave it whole.
- Blanch the broccoli in a large pot of boiling salted water for 3 minutes; Drain and plunge them into cold water to stop them from cooking.
- Heat a wok or large frying pan until hot; Add the oil and when it is very hot and slightly smoking, add the shallots and chillies and stir fry for 1 minute; Then add the baby corn and the asparagus; Stir fry for 30 seconds, then add the fish sauce and water, bring the mixture to the boil, cover and cook over high heat for 2 minutes.
- Then add the broccoli and Chinese leaves together with the oyster sauce, sugar and salt; Continue cooking over high heat for 3 minutes or until the vegetables are cooked.
- Serve immediately.