Chef #820598's Note:
Delicious light yet filling soup. My son's favorite when eating Thai food. He begged for me to cook it at home. Found this recipe on chef2chef.net modifed it slightly - yummy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 cups pork stock or 6 cups chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 2 large shallots, minced and crushed
- 1 celery, chopped fine
- 1 stalk lemongrass, cut into 1 to 2 inch pieces
- 1 1/4 cups cooked rice
- 1/2 lb minced ground pork
- 2 tablespoons Thai fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/2 bunch fresh cilantro, rough chop
Optional garnish choices
- 1In a large saucepan combine stock with gingerroot, shallots, lemon grass, rice and salt to taste.
- 2Bring to a boil and simmer, stirring occasionally, for 20 to 30 minutes, or until soup is a porridge-like consistency.
- 3Remove and discard lemon grass. Add the pork, cilantro, fish sauce and lime juice and simmer 5 minutes more.
- 4Garnish with scallions and cilantro.
Browse Our Top Clear Soup Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Clear Soup Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Khao Tom (Thai Rice Soup)
Serving Size: 1 (184 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 239.9
- Calories from Fat 109
- Total Fat 12.2 g
- Saturated Fat 4.5 g
- Cholesterol 40.9 mg
- Sodium 749.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 0.6 g
- Protein 11.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: