Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Delicious light yet filling soup. My son's favorite when eating Thai food. He begged for me to cook it at home. Found this recipe on chef2chef.net modifed it slightly - yummy!
- 6 cups pork stock or 6 cups chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 2 large shallots, minced and crushed
- 1 celery, chopped fine
- 1 stalk lemongrass, cut into 1 to 2 inch pieces
- 1 1⁄4 cups cooked rice
- 1⁄2 lb minced ground pork
- 2 tablespoons Thai fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1⁄2 bunch fresh cilantro, rough chop
Optional garnish choices
- firm tofu, cut into cubes (optional)
- sliced scallion (optional)
- 1 sprig fresh cilantro, to taste (optional)
- In a large saucepan combine stock with gingerroot, shallots, lemon grass, rice and salt to taste.
- Bring to a boil and simmer, stirring occasionally, for 20 to 30 minutes, or until soup is a porridge-like consistency.
- Remove and discard lemon grass. Add the pork, cilantro, fish sauce and lime juice and simmer 5 minutes more.
- Garnish with scallions and cilantro.