Inspired by Walker's "Sensations" Lime and Thai spices chicken. This is a rough-draft really, everything was 'eyeballed' so all measurements are approximate. I found it quite enjoyable and not far from the original taste, though I may add more ginger next time. I also found the sauce rather watery but this may be more due to my lack of sauce-thickening skills than anything else! Feedback very appreciated on that point.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 large chicken breast, diced into small chunks
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil or 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 1/2 inch gingerroot, chopped finely
- 1 tablespoon ground coriander
- 1 bell pepper (I used yellow)
- 0.5 (360 g) package stir fry vegetables
- 3 -4 spring onions, sliced into strips (leafy part)
- noodles or rice, to serve
- 1Mix all the sauce ingredients together until smooth and leave aside.
- 2Heat the oil in a wok (preferably) and add the ginger. Cook until fragrant.
- 3Add the chicken, cook until white or lightly brown. Add the coriander and toss to ensure a roughly even coating.
- 4Add all the vegetables other than the 'white' of the spring onion; add this last and only cook it to warm it through.
- 5Serve over noodles, rice, or the like; in the empty wok quickly heat the sauce mixture, bringing it til the boil. Once it thickens pour it over the chicken and enjoy!
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lime and Thai Spices Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (255 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 255.9
- Calories from Fat 127
- Total Fat 14.1 g
- Saturated Fat 2.8 g
- Cholesterol 46.4 mg
- Sodium 53.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.8 g
- Sugars 8.5 g
- Protein 16.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
stir fry vegetables