This is a wonderful Thai curry dish. You can get Masaman curry paste at most Asian markets.
Make and share this Masaman Curry Chicken recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 3 medium potatoes, peeled and cut into 2-inch chunks
- 1⁄2 cup cashews, toasted and chopped
- 3 cups light coconut milk
- 1 -2 tablespoon masaman curry paste
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 5 tablespoons tamarind juice
- cilantro (to garnish)
- avocado, chunks (to garnish)
- Place a pot over medium high heat, add oil and curry paste.
- Stir until the oil begins to separate out then add the coconut milk, chicken and potatoes.
- Cook until chicken is done and potatoes are tender then add sugar, soy sauce, tamarind juice and toasted cashews.
- Garnish with cilantro and avocado.
- Serve with Nan bread and rice if desired.