1/1 Photo of Masaman Curry Chicken
Mika G.'s Note:
This is a wonderful Thai curry dish. You can get Masaman curry paste at most Asian markets.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 3 medium potatoes, peeled and cut into 2-inch chunks
- 1/2 cup cashews, toasted and chopped
- 3 cups light coconut milk
- 1 -2 tablespoon masaman curry paste
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 5 tablespoons tamarind juice
- cilantro (to garnish)
- avocado, chunks (to garnish)
- 1Place a pot over medium high heat, add oil and curry paste.
- 2Stir until the oil begins to separate out then add the coconut milk, chicken and potatoes.
- 3Cook until chicken is done and potatoes are tender then add sugar, soy sauce, tamarind juice and toasted cashews.
- 4Garnish with cilantro and avocado.
- 5Serve with Nan bread and rice if desired.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Masaman Curry Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (330 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 440.5
- Calories from Fat 147
- Total Fat 16.4 g
- Saturated Fat 2.8 g
- Cholesterol 65.8 mg
- Sodium 964.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 40.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.1 g
- Sugars 8.6 g
- Protein 33.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
light coconut milk