1/1 Photo of 'my Thai' Chicken Soup
The ingredients for RSC #6 seemed to lend themselves to thai cooking, and the recent coldspell screamed SOUP out at me...this is the result. Delicious - and a healthful dinner is on the table in half an hour! Some reviewers have said that lemongrass would be nice and it probably would! Can't get it here in Greece so I just made do with what is available.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 5 cups chicken stock
- 3 pieces peeled fresh ginger, half-inch each
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 2 limes, juice and zest of
- 2 lemons, juice and zest of
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 8 ounces portabella mushrooms, cut in half (or quarters if very large)
- 4 tablespoons Thai fish sauce (or to taste)
- 8 ounces cherry tomatoes, halved
- 4 -6 birds eye chiles, chopped roughly (the little red ones)
- 1 (10 ounce) bag cleaned Baby Spinach
- 3/4 cup fresh basil, shredded
- lime wedges or lemon wedge
- 1Place the stock in a saucepan; add the ginger, garlic, coriander, lime zest and juice and bring to a boil over medium heat.
- 2Add the diced chicken, mushrooms and fish sauce; simmer slowly, uncovered, for 10 minutes; check and adjust seasoning.
- 3Add the tomatoes and chiles and cook for 5 more minutes.
- 4Stir in the baby spinach and cook 1 minute longer; discard ginger.
- 5Serve, topped with shredded basil; garnish with fresh lime wedges in case you want to squeeze some into your soup.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for 'my Thai' Chicken Soup
Serving Size: 1 (489 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 209.9
- Calories from Fat 35
- Total Fat 3.9 g
- Saturated Fat 0.9 g
- Cholesterol 49.8 mg
- Sodium 1306.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.9 g
- Sugars 7.6 g
- Protein 26.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: