1/1 Photo of 'my Thai' Chicken Soup
The ingredients for RSC #6 seemed to lend themselves to thai cooking, and the recent coldspell screamed SOUP out at me...this is the result. Delicious - and a healthful dinner is on the table in half an hour! Some reviewers have said that lemongrass would be nice and it probably would! Can't get it here in Greece so I just made do with what is available.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 5 cups chicken stock
- 3 pieces peeled fresh ginger, half-inch each
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 2 limes, juice and zest of
- 2 lemons, juice and zest of
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 8 ounces portabella mushrooms, cut in half (or quarters if very large)
- 4 tablespoons Thai fish sauce (or to taste)
- 8 ounces cherry tomatoes, halved
- 4 -6 birds eye chiles, chopped roughly (the little red ones)
- 1 (10 ounce) bag cleaned Baby Spinach
- 3/4 cup fresh basil, shredded
- lime wedges or lemon wedge
- 1Place the stock in a saucepan; add the ginger, garlic, coriander, lime zest and juice and bring to a boil over medium heat.
- 2Add the diced chicken, mushrooms and fish sauce; simmer slowly, uncovered, for 10 minutes; check and adjust seasoning.
- 3Add the tomatoes and chiles and cook for 5 more minutes.
- 4Stir in the baby spinach and cook 1 minute longer; discard ginger.
- 5Serve, topped with shredded basil; garnish with fresh lime wedges in case you want to squeeze some into your soup.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for 'my Thai' Chicken Soup
Serving Size: 1 (489 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 209.9
- Calories from Fat 35
- Total Fat 3.9 g
- Saturated Fat 0.9 g
- Cholesterol 49.8 mg
- Sodium 1306.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.9 g
- Sugars 7.6 g
- Protein 26.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: