Lab Goddess's Note:
From Food & Wine; author Mai Pham. This sounded good to me so I thought I'd post it.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 tablespoons asian fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon miso or 1 tablespoon fermented yellow beans
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 4 teaspoons sugar
- 1/4 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1 lb bok choy, cut into 2 in pieces
- 2/3 lb dried rice noodles
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil, plus
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3/4 lb shelled and deveined medium shrimp
- 4 large garlic cloves, minced
- 3 large eggs, beaten
- 3 thai bird chiles or 3 serrano chilies, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons chopped roasted salted peanuts (optional)
- lime wedge, for serving
- 1In a bowl, mix the fish sauce, miso, oyster sauce, sugar and soy.
- 2In a large pot of boiling lightly salted water, cook the bok choy until crisp-tender; about 2 minute; Transfer to a plate.
- 3Add the noodles to the boiling water and cook until firm but pliable, about 5 minutes.
- 4Drain and rinse under cold water; shake out any excess water.
- 5Transfer the noodles to a bowl; toss with 1 tablespoon of the oil.
- 6Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a large nonstick skillet. Add the shrimp, season with salt and cook over high heat until pink throughout, about 2 minutes.
- 7Add the shrimp to the bok choy.
- 8Add the remaining 1/4 plus 1 tablespoon of the oil to the skillet and heat until shimmering.
- 9Add the garlic and cook, stirring for about 30 seconds.
- 10Add the eggs and cook over high heat for about 30 seconds, just until lightly scrambled.
- 11Add the noodles and toss lightly.
- 12Add the fish sauce mixture and toss.
- 13Cook, without stirring just until the liquid is nearly evaporated, about 5 minutes.
- 14Stir the noodles once, then cook until browned on the bottom, about 2 minutes.
- 15Add the shrimp and bok choy, cook just until heated through.
- 16Transfer the noodles to a large platter, sprinkle with the chilies and peanuts and serve with lime wedges.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pad See Yew
Serving Size: 1 (405 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 691.4
- Calories from Fat 269
- Total Fat 29.9 g
- Saturated Fat 4.7 g
- Cholesterol 288.2 mg
- Sodium 2240.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 75.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.7 g
- Sugars 6.8 g
- Protein 28.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: