Pad Thai is one of my all-time Takeout Dishes.. I had to learn to make it at home.. This is the best recipe I found. It's from Throwdown with Bobby Flay
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 tablespoons vegetable oil, plus extra as needed
- 1 teaspoon chopped garlic
- 1 tablespoon dried shrimp (optional)
- 1/2 cup sliced pork
- 1/2 cup shrimp, shelled and deveined
- 1 tablespoon shredded preserved radish
- 1/4 lb medium dried rice noodles (soaked 60 minutes in cold water and drained)
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon ground hot chili pepper (or more)
- 2 tablespoons ground roasted peanuts
- 1/2 cup sliced garlic chives or 1/2 cup green onion
- 2 cups bean sprouts, rinsed, plus more for garnish
- 1 lime wedge
- 5 tablespoons paad Thai sauce
- 1Heat the oil in a wok. Add the garlic and stir-fry until golden brown. Add the meat and shrimp and keep stirring until the shrimp changes color. Remove the shrimp to prevent overcooking and set aside.
- 2Add the noodles. They will stick together so stir fast and try to separate them. Add a little water, stirring a few times. Then add the Pad Thai sauce, and keep stirring until everything is thoroughly mixed. The noodles should appear soft and moist. Return the cooked shrimp to the wok.
- 3Push the contents of the wok up around the sides to make room to fry the eggs. If the pan is very dry, add 1 more tablespoon of oil. Add the eggs and spread the noodles over the eggs to cover. When the eggs are cooked, stir the noodles until everything is well mixed-this should result in cooked bits of eggs, both whites and yolk, throughout the noodle mixture.
- 4Add chiles, peanuts, garlic chives and bean sprouts. Mix well. Remove to a platter. Serve with raw bean spouts and a few drops of lime juice.
- 5For the sauce.
- 61 cup tamarind juice
- 71 cup palm sugar plus 3 tablespoons
- 81 cup water
- 91/2 cup fish sauce
- 102 teaspoons salt
- 11Mix all ingredients in a saucepan for about 60 minutes until it is well mixed and syrupy. Stir occasionally to prevent burning.
Browse Our Top Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pad Thai
Serving Size: 1 (262 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 703.6
- Calories from Fat 363
- Total Fat 40.3 g
- Saturated Fat 6.2 g
- Cholesterol 305.5 mg
- Sodium 830.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 58.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.1 g
- Sugars 5.3 g
- Protein 27.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
paad Thai sauce