I love Thai food and Pad Thai is one of my favorite dishes. It is easy to make and very tasty. Anytime I run across a recipe for Pad Thai I add it to my cookbook in search of the perfect recipe. This is a pretty good contender.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 lbs large raw shrimp, uncooked
- 1 (8 ounce) package Thai rice noodles
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons asian chili-garlic sauce
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 2 -3 tablespoons chopped peanuts
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- lime wedge
- 1Peel and devein shrimp, set aside.
- 2Cook noodles in boiling water 3 to 4 minutes; drain.
- 3Saute minced garlic cloves in hot vegetable oil in large nonstick skillet over medium heat for about 2 inutes.
- 4Add shrimp and cook for another 2 minutes or just until shrimp turns pink.
- 5Add beaten egg to shrimp mixture in skillet.
- 6Cook shrimp mixture over medium heat, without stirring, until egg begins to set.
- 7Stir until cooked, breaking up egg.
- 8Add sugar, fish sauce, and garlic-chili sauce, stirring until blended.
- 9Add noodles and cook 1 minute or until thoroughy heated.
- 10Sprinkle with the onions, peanuts and cilantro.
- 11Serve with lime wedges for each diner to squeeze lime juice over top.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pad Thai (Fried Noodles With Shrimp)
Serving Size: 1 (312 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 601.3
- Calories from Fat 194
- Total Fat 21.5 g
- Saturated Fat 3.4 g
- Cholesterol 364.5 mg
- Sodium 1087.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 57.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 7.1 g
- Protein 41.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: