Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
Received recipe from a friend during grad school, Nussara Boonkungwan from Thailand. The first time I had had this and I loved it! Items may be found at Asian grocery stores.
- 1 lb stick rice noodles
- 1 lb shrimp or 1 lb chicken
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups bean sprouts
- 4 tablespoons peanuts, coarsely ground
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 2 -3 teaspoons chili powder (if you like it hot)
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons black soy sauce
- 1⁄3 cup cold water
- 1 stalk green onion, chopped
- 2 -4 pieces limes
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- Soak rice noodle stick in warm water for 15 minutes or in cold water for 1 hour; drain.
- In a hot frying pan, add oil; add eggs and stir.
- Add shrimp or chicken and stir fry until cooked.
- Mix rice noodle stick with cold water, vinegar, black soy sauce, sugar, fish sauce, and chili powder in the pan, stirring occasionally until absorbed; turn off heat.
- Add bean sprouts, ground peanuts, and chopped green onion; mix well.
- Serve with slice of lime.
My first time making rice noodles, but not my last, a very easy concept! This was a simple and tasty supper, I used shrimp, and I did add some green beans because I enjoy them. Even tho I did add the chili powder, it was not hot, just pleasantly flavoursome! Very nice, Impera, thank you :D