Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Not your typical soupy Thai curry. I "ad-libbed" this, just adding some red Thai curry paste to an otherwise typical stir-fry. It was hot, spicy and, for us, very yummy. I always use Mae Ploy brand curry paste - I find it the most authentic and flavoursome.
- Heat your pan or pot, and spray lightly with olive oil.
- Remove excess fat and skin from chicken (don't be overly diligent - a little fat is useful in the cooking!) and cut into bite-size pieces. Set aside.
- Add chopped onion and hot chili pepper to the pre-heated pan; cook on high heat until onion is slightly soft (1 to 2 minutes).
- Add carrot, cut into thick Julienne strips.
- Add the curry paste, and stir-fry well.
- Add water to help dissolve and mix the curry paste. The heat from the pan will evaporate the water quickly, but it still loosens up the paste.
- Add the chicken and bell peppers (cut lengthwise).
- Stir frequently; make sure all the paste is dissolved. The oil from the chicken should help this, too.
- Add Thai fish sauce.
- When the meat is thoroughly cooked, remove from heat.
- Serve on a bed of Jasmin or Basmati rice, or other rice of your choice.