Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Another Thai/Chinese recipe that tastes fabulous with jasmine rice.
Make and share this Soy Sauce Fried Noodles recipe from Food.com.
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 1⁄2 cup pork or 1⁄2 cup chicken, thinly sliced bite-sized pieces
- 1 cup wide rice noodles
- 1 cup chinese broccoli, cut into 2-inch long pieces
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon black soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon white soy sauce
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons white sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon white pepper powder
- Separate the noodles from each other, and place on a plate. Cut the Chinese Broccoli stems at an angle so they cook easier, in about 2 INCH (5cm) long pieces. Make sure to clean well.
- Fry the garlic on high in the oil until lightly browned and fragrant. Add the pork (or chicken) and fry until cooked through. Keep stirring so the garlic doesn’t burn. Add the noodles. Keep stirring so they don’t stick.
- Add the Chinese Broccoli, and mix well. You may need to add a little bit of water so everything cooks & doesn’t stick. Don’t add too much that the noodles get clumpy though. Add around 1 teaspoon at a time.
- When the Chinese Broccoli is cooked (leaves are wilted and stems are darker green, about 1 minute), add the soy sauces, sugar and white pepper. Mix well.
- Push the noodles to the side and add a little bit of oil to the pan. Crack the egg into the pan on top of the oil. Scramble in the pan and let sit until solid. Break it up a bit and mix with the noodles.
- Dish out and serve with soy sauce, sugar, vinegar, chili powder and white pepper so you can flavor to your taste preference at the table.