I LOVE this sauce! It's a bit spicy, so, if you don't want the heat, cut back on the Jalapeno and hot sauce. But I LOVE it spicy! You could substitute shrimp or pork cubes very easily in this ample main dish. Or, leave the meat out completely and add some chopped peanuts. YUMMY!
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 jalapeno peppers, seeded and minced
- 1 1⁄2 cups cannned unsweetened coconut milk
- 1⁄3 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1⁄3 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons oriental sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh ginger, peeled,minced
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons hot pepper sauce
- 3⁄4 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1⁄2 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green onion
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into 1/4 inch wide strips
- 1 lb linguine
- Heat 2 T oil in a large saucepan over medium heat.
- Add garlic and jalapeno.
- saute 3 minutes until tender but not brown.
- Add coconut milk, peanut butter, soy sauce, lime juice, sesame oil, ginger, honey and hot pepper sauce.
- Whisk until smooth and bring to a simmer.
- Remove from heat.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- This sauce can be made well in advance, covered and refrigerated.
- Heat remaining 1 T oil in a large skillet over medium high heat.
- Add bell pepper, mushrooms, and green onions.
- Saute 3 minutes.
- Add chicken and saute until cooked through,about 3 more minutes.
- Add sauce.
- Simmer until heated.
- Cook linguine in a large pot of boiling, salted water until al dente.
- Pour heated sauce over pasta and toss to coat well.
- Divide among plates and serve.