Prep 25 mins
Cook 25 mins
I LOVE this sauce! It's a bit spicy, so, if you don't want the heat, cut back on the Jalapeno and hot sauce. But I LOVE it spicy! You could substitute shrimp or pork cubes very easily in this ample main dish. Or, leave the meat out completely and add some chopped peanuts. YUMMY!
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 jalapeno peppers, seeded and minced
- 1 1⁄2 cups cannned unsweetened coconut milk
- 1⁄3 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1⁄3 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons oriental sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh ginger, peeled,minced
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons hot pepper sauce
- 3⁄4 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1⁄2 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green onion
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into 1/4 inch wide strips
- 1 lb linguine
- Heat 2 T oil in a large saucepan over medium heat.
- Add garlic and jalapeno.
- saute 3 minutes until tender but not brown.
- Add coconut milk, peanut butter, soy sauce, lime juice, sesame oil, ginger, honey and hot pepper sauce.
- Whisk until smooth and bring to a simmer.
- Remove from heat.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- This sauce can be made well in advance, covered and refrigerated.
- Heat remaining 1 T oil in a large skillet over medium high heat.
- Add bell pepper, mushrooms, and green onions.
- Saute 3 minutes.
- Add chicken and saute until cooked through,about 3 more minutes.
- Add sauce.
- Simmer until heated.
- Cook linguine in a large pot of boiling, salted water until al dente.
- Pour heated sauce over pasta and toss to coat well.
- Divide among plates and serve.
Like other comments - I did a little tweaking on the sauce: one time I used red chile flakes and hot sauce in lieu of jalapeno's the other time I used a 7.7 ounce can of chopped jalapeno's (which turned out very spicy!) -but this a great recipe to build on. I served over basmati rice instead of pasta and topped with cilantro. Thanks!
FANTASTIC! I used rice instead of linguini and it was great because it was super spicy for me and my boyfriend who hates spicy foods just used more rice and he loved it too! I also added water chestnuts for some crunch and used plain milk instead of coconut and it worked great.
I wasn't going to rate this since I made quite a few changes - but it was just SO good! For one, we just made the sauce. We didn't have coconut milk - so we pureed regular milk with coconut flakes, strained it, and added some coconut extract (turned out great!). Also, we didn't have any jalapenos - so we just left them out. Then we mixed in some veggies and tossed it with rotini. Served it with my Spicy Orange Shrimp (Stir-Fry Shrimp With Spicy Orange Sauce), and it was a great spicy/creamy combo! Thanks for this recipe, I'll definitely use it again with the shrimp.