1/1 Photo of Spicy Asian Chicken Pasta
I LOVE this sauce! It's a bit spicy, so, if you don't want the heat, cut back on the Jalapeno and hot sauce. But I LOVE it spicy! You could substitute shrimp or pork cubes very easily in this ample main dish. Or, leave the meat out completely and add some chopped peanuts. YUMMY!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 jalapeno peppers, seeded and minced
- 1 1/2 cups cannned unsweetened coconut milk
- 1/3 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons oriental sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh ginger, peeled,minced
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 1/2 teaspoons hot pepper sauce
- 3/4 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1/2 cup chopped green onion
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into 1/4 inch wide strips
- 1 lb linguine
- 1Heat 2 T oil in a large saucepan over medium heat.
- 2Add garlic and jalapeno.
- 3saute 3 minutes until tender but not brown.
- 4Add coconut milk, peanut butter, soy sauce, lime juice, sesame oil, ginger, honey and hot pepper sauce.
- 5Whisk until smooth and bring to a simmer.
- 6Remove from heat.
- 7Season with salt and pepper.
- 8This sauce can be made well in advance, covered and refrigerated.
- 9Heat remaining 1 T oil in a large skillet over medium high heat.
- 10Add bell pepper, mushrooms, and green onions.
- 11Saute 3 minutes.
- 12Add chicken and saute until cooked through,about 3 more minutes.
- 13Add sauce.
- 14Simmer until heated.
- 15Cook linguine in a large pot of boiling, salted water until al dente.
- 17Pour heated sauce over pasta and toss to coat well.
- 18Divide among plates and serve.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spicy Asian Chicken Pasta
Serving Size: 1 (304 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1054.9
- Calories from Fat 457
- Total Fat 50.8 g
- Saturated Fat 21.5 g
- Cholesterol 72.6 mg
- Sodium 1639.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 103.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.6 g
- Sugars 12.0 g
- Protein 49.8 g