All you garlic-lovers take heed! A quick stir-fry with a little bit of a kick! :)Serve over Jasmine rice with a garnish of chopped cilantro.This was found on a Thai website.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a medium size bowl add garlic chili pepper sauce, garlic, sugar, lime juice and 2 teaspoons of the fish sauce; mix well.
- 2Add shrimp and mix until covered with sauce; set aside to season.
- 3Diagonally trim asparagus into one inch pieces. *If thicker asparagus is used, boil in salted water 2-3 minutes.
- 4Drain, and immediately cool down in ice water; drain well.
- 5Heat oil in a large skillet over a high heat.
- 6Add asparagus, remaining teaspoon of fish sauce, and fresh cracked pepper.
- 7Stir-fry 3-5 minutes, or until asparagus is tender-crisp.
- 8Add shrimp mixture to skillet.
- 9Stir-fry until shrimp turns opaque (pink) and sauce is well mixed with ingredients.
- 10Serve immediately with hot Jasmine rice & chopped cilantro(if desired).
Browse Our Top Long-Grain Rice Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Long-Grain Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spicy Garlic Shrimp With Asparagus
Serving Size: 1 (251 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 508.5
- Calories from Fat 223
- Total Fat 24.8 g
- Saturated Fat 3.9 g
- Cholesterol 345.6 mg
- Sodium 1065.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.6 g
- Sugars 10.0 g
- Protein 52.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: