Roy A.'s Note:
This simple dish will be familiar to many people—it shows up in Chinese restaurants as well. Chicken and ginger go together beautifully, and some people love this dish with beef instead. Ginger is also a healthy seasoning. If possible, try to get young ginger, which has a pink root. You can also add any veggies you like to this dish.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 cups chicken breasts, thinly sliced
- 4 tablespoons oil
- 6 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 small onion, cut in half and sliced
- 1 cup ginger, shredded
- 1 red pepper, sliced into thin strips
- 2 red chili peppers, sliced (optional)
- 1/2 cup chicken stock or 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup spring onion, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 3 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 2 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 1Put oil into wok or frying pan. When hot, add garlic and stir-fry until brown.
- 2Add onion and chicken; stir-fry until chicken begins to turn white.
- 3Add ginger and red pepper, combine well.
- 4Add chilies and chicken stock/water, and stir-fry for 1 minute.
- 5Check chicken is white throughout, and then add spring onions. Cook for 30 seconds (until onions are slightly soft).
- 6Serve with rice.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spicy Ginger Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (195 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 251.2
- Calories from Fat 139
- Total Fat 15.4 g
- Saturated Fat 2.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.9 mg
- Sodium 1622.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.4 g
- Sugars 4.3 g
- Protein 5.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: