Quick, easy, and ooooh so good!
Make and share this Spicy Thai Chicken Stir Fry recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄4 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 cloves garlic, mashed
- 1 onion, sliced julienne
- 1⁄4 cup chopped basil
- 4 green onions, sliced julienne
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 4 tablespoons fish sauce (nuoc mam)
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 4 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1⁄4 cup hoisin sauce
- 1 tablespoon chili-garlic sauce (this can be purchased at any asian grocery store)
- salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- Mix fish sauce, brown sugar, soy sauce, sesame oil, hoisin sauce and chili garlic sauce in a medium sized bowl.
- Add chicken, sliced thinly and marinate 5 minutes while you chop the veggies.
- Heat peanut oil in large fry pan or even better, a wok.
- Add garlic, stir fry until golden, then add onion, and fry another minute.
- Add chicken and the marinade, and stir fry until no longer pink--about 5-7 minutes.
- Add remaining vegetables, except basil, and stir fry about 2-3 minutes, until color pops.
- Add basil and cook about 1 more minute, until basil wilts.
- Serve over steamed white rice.
- I sometimes add red pepper, spinach, bean sprouts, water chestnuts, whatever I have on hand.
Another great recipe canarygirl. We had a Japanese friend here for dinner tonight, and she raved about this (we all did). Plenty of flavour and especially herby which we love. I added red and green capsicum as you suggested, and next time (with no guest here) I will add a fresh chilli to it too. Once you assemble your sauces, and chop the veggies, it's so fast, so we will be having this again.
This was a big hit with everyone in our family!! Thanks for sharing!
Pretty good! I couldn't find fish sauce so I just incrased the rest of the liquids by 50%. Also, to be quicker, I used about a half a bag of cole slaw mix as suggested by another reviewer, then threw in some julienned carrots & snow peas. I think nexxt time I'll use more chili paste or add more red pepper flakes because it didn't seem very spicy. And also I'll keep looking for the fish sauce for next time; that might be just what it needed to be 5 stars!