Found this recipe on Donna Hay's cookbook titled "dining". Fantastic recipe. Taste exactly like what I have eaten at thai restaurants in thailand and back home. Very authentic...and an extremely special sweet after a fantastic meal.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup glutinous rice
- 2 1/2 cups water
- 1/2 cup coconut cream
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 6 pieces banana leaves (15 cm or 6 inches square)
- 1Rinse rice well under cold water, then drain.
- 2Place rice and water in a saucepan over medium heat and bring to the boil.
- 3Allow rice to simmer until almost all liquid has been absorbed.
- 4Remove pan from heat and pour coconut cream over rice.
- 5Cover rice and allow to stand for 5-7 minutes or until coconut cream has been absorbed.
- 6Stir sugar through rice and set aside.
- 7Place banana leaves in boiling water for 1-2 minutes or until they are soft.
- 8Divide rice into 6 portions.
- 9Spread half of each portion over the middle of the banana leaf.
- 10Top rice with a sprinkling of mango, lime rind and juice, and palm sugar.
- 11Cover filling with remaining portions of rice.
- 12Roll up leaves and secure with toothpicks.
- 13Place leaf packages on a hot barbecue or char grill and cook for 2 minutes on each side or until rice is heated through.
- 14Serve warm or cold.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sticky Rice with Mango and Lime
Serving Size: 1 (229 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 217.6
- Calories from Fat 41
- Total Fat 4.6 g
- Saturated Fat 3.9 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 17.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 41.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 15.1 g
- Protein 2.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: