If you are after something a bit lighter than potato packed fishcakes, try these simple oriental-style burgers. This an easy to prepare and quick to cook, recipe! It is heart-healthy which is a new category on our A La Carte Menu for Our Cafe Ponce, here at the home. ;) GoodFood Magazine, October 2008 edition.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/4 lbs skinless salmon fillets, cut into chunks
- 2 tablespoons Thai red curry paste
- 1 1/2 inches fresh gingerroot, grated
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1/2 cup coriander, divided (1/2 chopped, 1/2 picked leaves)
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- lemon wedge, to serve
- 1Tip the salmon into a food processor with the paste, ginger, soy and chopped coriander.
- 2Pulse until roughly minced.
- 3Tip out the mix and shape into 4 burgers.
- 4Heat the oil in a non-stick frying pan, then fry the burgers for 4-5 mins on each side, turning until crisp and cooked through.
- 5Meanwhile, use a swivel peeler to peel strips of carrot and cucumber into a bowl.
- 6Toss with the vinegar and sugar until the sugar has dissolved, then toss through the coriander leaves.
- 7Divide the salad between 4 plates.
- 8Serve with the burgers and rice.
- 9*THAI SALMON SKEWERS:.
- 10Mix the curry paste, ginger, soy and oil with 1 tsp honey and seasoning.
- 11Marinate the salmon chunks in the curry mixture for 10 minutes
- 12Cut 1 red pepper and 1 courgette into chunks, then thread onto skewers with the salmon.
- 13Griddle for 8 mins, turning, until the salmon is cooked through.
- 15Oily fish makes a heart-healthy alternative to red meat burgers. This recipe would also be delicious with tuna steaks.
Browse Our Top Lemon Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lemon Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Super Healthy Salmon Burgers
Serving Size: 1 (253 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 204.0
- Calories from Fat 55
- Total Fat 6.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.9 g
- Cholesterol 73.9 mg
- Sodium 202.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 3.7 g
- Protein 29.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Thai red curry paste
white wine vinegar