1/3 Photos of Thai Barbecue Chicken W/ Spicy Dipping Sauce
A simple tasty way to grill chicken (or pork loin!). This comes from the Hot Sour Salty Sweet cookbook. I usually serve it with sticky rice and stir fried veggies, but it's very versatile! Use less or more crushed red pepper flakes according to your taste--this can get quite fiery!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
For the meat
- 9.85 ml black peppercorns
- 5 large garlic cloves, minced
- 0.25 ml salt
- 14.79 ml coriander seed (OR 3 T. fresh coriander root)
- 44.37 ml Thai fish sauce
- 907.18 g boneless chicken breasts, cut into strips (can also use 2 lbs. chicken wings)
For the dipping sauce
- 1To make the sauce, bring vinegar to a boil in small non-reactive sauce pan. Add sugar and stir till dissolved. Reduce heat to medium and let simmer 5 minutes. Add 2 cloves garlic and crushed red peppers. Cool to room temperature and pour into glass jar. Leftovers will keep in the fridge for a couple weeks.
- 2To make the meat, combine peppercorns, 5 cloves garlic, coriander seed, and fish sauce in mini food processor. Whir till a lumpish paste forms (if needed, finish grinding with a mortar and pestle). Spread paste over chicken and cover. Marinate in the refrigerator for several hours.
- 3Preheat a grill or broiler. Thread meat onto skewers and grill for 3-4 minutes on a side. Serve with dipping sauce.
- 4Marination time not included in time to make.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Thai Barbecue Chicken W/ Spicy Dipping Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (143 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 252.9
- Calories from Fat 95
- Total Fat 10.6 g
- Saturated Fat 3.0 g
- Cholesterol 72.6 mg
- Sodium 612.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 12.8 g
- Protein 24.3 g