This is a tasty under 30 minute meal perfect for a busy day and made with ingredients usually on hand. The recipe serves the meat mixture in pitas, but flour tortillas or lettuce wraps would be a good choice too. The recipe is from Family Circle magazine.
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 2 red bell peppers, seeded and thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons fresh ginger, minced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes (or less according to your taste)
- 1⁄2 cup cilantro
- 3 tablespoons peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 lime, juice of
- 2 green onions, sliced thin including green tops to garnish
- 4 pita pockets, whole
- romaine lettuce leaf
- Crumble beef into large nonstick skillet and cook over medium heat. Stir occasionally until browned, about 5-6 minutes. Drain well.
- Add peppers, ginger, garlic, and red pepper flakes to skillet. Cook until peppers are crisp tender.
- Whisk together in a small bowl peanut butter, cilantro, soy sauce, lime juice, and sesame oil. Stir into beef and pepper mixture.
- Cut pitas in half and line with lettuce leave. Fill each with about 1/2 cup of the meat mixture. Sprinkle with green onions and serve.