The spicy, sweet, tangy flavors of Thai beef salad are a great way to showcase leftover roast beef. The recipe makes about 10 wraps in about an hour.Why not a hand-held salad? These are great for a buffet dinner - where you can have each diner assemble their own wrap. CuisineAtHome, Issue 41, Spiralbound Volume 7.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup fresh lime juice (not the bottled kind)
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon garlic and red chile paste (more or less, as needed) or 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (more or less, as needed)
- 3 cups vegetable oil
- 3 ounces rice sticks (mai fun)
- 2 cups roast beef, thinly sliced, julienned (from deli)
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- 1/2 cup fresh mint leaves
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 cucumber, seeded, bias sliced
- 1 yellow peppers or 1 red bell pepper, julienned
- 10 leaves red leaf lettuce (leaves make cups) or 10 large bibb lettuce (leaves make cups)
- 1PREPARE DRESSING:
- 2Simmer water, lime juice, sugar, garlic, and chili garlic paste in a small saucepan over medium heat.
- 3Reduce until dressing thickens slightly, about 20 minutes.
- 4FOR THE WRAPS:.
- 5Fry noodles in small batches in oil heated to 375°F; Remove and drain on a paper towel-lined plate.
- 6THE "INSIDES" OF WRAPS:.
- 7Prepare remaining ingredients and arrange on a large platter.
- 8TO SERVE:.
- 9Ask each diner to start with a lettuce leaf, then follow with some roast beef, fried noodles and vegetables.
- 10Drizzle with some dressing before eating.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Thai Beef Wraps
Serving Size: 1 (2014 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 673.8
- Calories from Fat 590
- Total Fat 65.6 g
- Saturated Fat 8.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 27.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 11.8 g
- Protein 1.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
garlic and red chile paste