This recipe originates from the Chicago Diner, a vegetarian restaurant. The directions for this are pretty vague. I'll update it once I have made it. If you make it before me, please share your experience.
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1 cup hot water
- 1⁄2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon tamari
- 1 tablespoon molasses, plus
- 1 teaspoon molasses
- 1 pinch cayenne
- 1⁄4 cup soya oil
- 3 cups water
- 1⁄4 cup turbinado sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons onion powder
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1 (14 ounce) package firm tofu or 1 (14 ounce) package extra firm tofu
- 4 cups broccoli florets
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 medium red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 -3 slice fresh ginger, julienned
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- chopped peanuts (to garnish)
- cooked basmati rice
- Combine marinade ingredients in a bowl.
- Cube tofu and add to marinade; allow to sit for 30 minutes.
- Combine sauce ingredients except for oil; set aside.
- In a medium skillet, saute the vegetables and ginger in oil.
- Gradually stir in the marinated tofu cubes.
- Top with the peanut sauce, and serve over basmati rice.
- Garnish with chopped peanuts.